Salisbury and South Wilts Scouts are running a photography competition to raise funds for their new campsite campaign. The winning photo will feature on the front of our 2021 calendar. Rules and guidance can be found below.
We are looking for photos that capture anything from the calm countryside around Salisbury to the hustle and bustle of the inner city. Photos can feature anything you like, including Scouting activities, which you believe fit under this theme.
As with any competition, there are a few rules that you need to follow. This ensures the competition is fair and equal to everyone who would like to participate.
- Entry is open to all amateur/non-professional photographers
- No more than 1 entry per person
- Entry is free
- Photo adjustments can be made such as cropping/light and colour improvements, but no edits to further distort the image from its original state are allowed (this is a photography competition, not a photo editing competition)
- All entries are to be of landscape orientation. This is so that they fit onto the calendar.
- Any entries after midnight on 30th June 2020 will not be included in this year's competition.
- The judging panel will consist of at least two professional photographers and a special guest to be confirmed.
- The judge's decision is final
The winner and runners up will be announced in September, with calendars available from this date to purchase. (Sale locations to be confirmed) All funds raised from this will go to the Campsite Fund.
All youth members of Scouting that enter can use this towards their relevant section's photography badge.
Feel free to get in contact using the email address below if you have any further questions.
A copy of the poster can be found here - Competition Poster
Once you have a photo, simply hit the button below and complete the form.
If the button does not work for you, please email your entry along with your name, age and a contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org
In either case, if the entrant is under 18, please also provide a name and contact number of a parent/guardian.