Who are we
We are Salisbury and South Wiltshire District Scout Council, part of The Scout Association (UK), incorporated into Royal Charter.
Our privacy statement and subject access request policy
Please find below link to our full privacy statement document and subject access request form.
Privacy Statement Document Subject Access Request
The personal information we collect and use
- What personal information do we collect
- Site Registration - Your name and email address are stored for your login.
- District Directory - Your name, email address, phone number(s) and address are collected from Compass for use in the directory.
- Hire of DMH - Your name, email address, phone number, record of payment of hire fee.
- Contact form - Your name, email address, phone number.
- Join form - Your name, email address, phone number, age and postcode.
- Why do we collect your personal information
- Explain why you need the information
- We use the information to give a directory contact list so people within the district can contact other adult members easily.
- We use contact information to respond to your query.
- We use the Join Form information to forward your query to the right Group.
- Lawful basis for processing
- Consent - The information has been provided by you and with your consent.
- Legitimate Interests - The information is for legitimate contacts within the district.
- How we use your personal information
- Site Registration - Your name and email address are stored on the server and can only be accessed by those members of the district with full access.
- District Directory - Your name, email address, phone number(s) and address are collected for use in the directory.
- Hire of DMH - Your name, email address, phone number, record of payment of hire fee is used by the DMH Booking Secretary and Treasurer of the Management Committee.
- Contact Form - Your contact information is used to respond to your query
- Join Form - Your contact details are used to forward your interest to the nearest group and the relevant section for your age.
- How long your personal data will be kept
information will only be kept whilst you are a member of the district. We no longer produce paper copies of the directory but previous versions going back to the 1920's are available in the Wiltshire History Centre. No more will be added.
- Hire of DMH - Your name, email address, phone number will only be kept until the hire has been completed. The financial record will be kept for up to 7 years as required by statute .
- Who we share your personal information with
- We do not pass this information on to third parties. However, the information in the directory reflects the information held on Compass which individuals are responsible for keeping up to date, so if Compass is wrong so is the directory.
- Keeping your information safe
- Only registered users of the site have access to the directory. The master version is held by the District Secretary.
- Only users with full admin rights have access to the registered users details.
- For DMH bookings your details will be held by the Booking Secretary and Treasurer of the Management Committee.
- Contact details are only given to the appropraite person to contact you.
What rights do I have
- The right to be informed – we aim to be transparent about the information we collect and why we are using it. You can request further information from us at any time
- The right of access – you can request the information we hold about you
- The right to rectification – you can request us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold
- The right to erasure – you can request us to delete the information held on you
- The right to restrict processing – you can request us not to process your data in a particular way
- The right to data portability – to have us transfer your information electronically to yourself or another provider
- The right to object – to object to how we are using your information Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. If you have a concern about how your data has been collected or used you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office – https://ico.org.uk
Who to contact
Data Protection Officer: The District Exec will assume responsibility and this will be a standing item in our Executive Meetings. For more information contact the The District Secretary, c/o District HQ, Dennis Marsh House,
Westminster Road, Salisbury SP2 7DG, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In common with many commerical organisations we monitor the use of this website by collecting statistical user information. No personally identifiable data is collected in this process. Typically, we collect information about the number of visitors to the website, to each web page, the technology used to browse the internet and the domain from which the vistor originated. This information is used to understand the visitor's use of the website.
Cookies are small files which are sent to your web browser and stored on your computer's hard disk. These are created and transferred to your hard disk when logging into this website. These cookies are subsequently used to identify your computer and allow you repeated access to the website. The cookie is used purely to speed up your access to our website and the information you wish to see.
The majority of web browsers accept cookies, but you can usually change the browser settings to prevent their transfer. However, please be aware that, if you do so, you may be unable to login to the website.